Friday, December 12, 2008

Moon & Sky as art

You know how some people never look up? Never tilt those neck muscles back and take in the world from a much smaller vantage point? I'm not one of those. I love looking at the sky. It's far more interesting than my normal perspective.

Tonight was a little gift as I got out of my car. The sky - a beautiful deep blue that is impossible to duplicate. Even my trust 96 color Crayon box can't match it. And the moon, full, or one day off at the most. But the treat was something I'd never seen.

Apparently tonight was a busy night for air travel, or the air was clear enough to see dozens of vapor trails from airplanes crisscrossing the sky. They were all different "ages"; some old enough to have faded to little more than a hint of white against the blue, others crisp and sharp as a scalpel splitting a piece of fabric. All dulled with the gauzy glow of the moon. Stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment