Thursday, August 20, 2009

Adventures in Conservative Talk Radio: Day 3

On August 18th, a friend challenged me to listen to 2 weeks of conservative talk radio, instead of NPR. I'm on day 3.

Things I heard on the radio today:

"Thank you, Senator. Your are one of our good guys."

"What do we have to do to get people to acknowledge this ideological war?"

"YOU ARE STUPID!"

I am noticing a trend: the use of military words applied to discussions about politics - war, fighting, battle, skirmish, etc. When I listen to NPR again, I'll be on the lookout for these words.

Here's my blatantly stereotypical statement of the day (thanks to my shopping buddies for helping me figure it out):

When conservatives think you are being an idiot, they will likely tell you so. Bluntly.

Liberals will do it subtly and diplomatically, leaving you wondering if you've just been told you're stupid, or if you missed the point entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment