Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Forget Christmas.

There is no more spectacular time to be alive than right now, these two precious weeks in early spring.

In New England and Wisconsin, these weeks would be months away.

But here in Ar-kansas, we've got SPRING baby!  And for the first time in a while, I can say without doubt that it feels fantastic to be exactly where I am.

There's something about the eerie mist/glow of new green buds that adds new wavelengths of energy and light into the air.

I leave my apartment in the morning to a few white blossoms on the mystery shrub outside my door, and return later in the day to quadruple the blossoms.  Does anyone know what these are?  I can't seem to find a name for them...

The pear trees are in full bloom.  Azalea bushes have suddenly burst into yellow.  Women's hairsytles have gone windblown because we just can't stand to be inside.

The whole world seems poised to explode with joy that the sun is out, the air is warm, and anything is possible.

I hope so.  I really, really do.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking today about how beautiful it already is here in Northwest Arkansas - and how I had to wait another month or more for this wonder of spring when I lived in Urbana, Illinois! Just imagine how long the 16" of snow we had a couple of weeks ago would hang in Michigan or NE? There's lots to love here in the upper cupst of the South! I know you are loved here as well...Michele

    ReplyDelete