Thursday, April 15, 2010

This one's for you, Dad.

Anyone who blogs knows (or if they don't will likely find out soon enough), that anyone in the world can read what we write out here in the blogosphere.  Including our employers, our staff or our parents.  In truth, there are so many blogs out here that these may be the only people who read most of them.  This is why I have such respect for people who just say whatever they want on their blog, seemingly without regard for who might be reading it.   That takes guts I don't have.

My filter stays on (most of the time).  I mean, let's face it. If I ever took it off, I'd probably wind up friendless and unemployed.

So I have to admit I laughed out loud when I received, via the good-old-fashioned US Postal Service, a note from my dad daring me to post the poem below on my blog.  I laughed louder when I found a second note double daring me to post the well-known "Bulls#1% Bingo".

I can't not take those dares.  Thanks, Dad!

A Prayer for the Stressed

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I cannot accept,
and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had
to kill today because they pissed me off.

And also, help me to be careful of the toes I step on
today as they may be connected to the ass that I may have
to kiss tomorrow.

Help me always give 100% at work:

12% on Monday
23% on Tuesday
40% on Wednesday
20% on Thursday
5% on Friday

And help me to remember...
When I'm having a really bad day,
and it seems that people are trying to piss me off,
that it takes 42 muscles to frown and
only 4 to extend my middle finger and tell them to bite me.

Amen.

(I've not been able to find an author for this poem) 

No comments:

Post a Comment