Monday, March 14, 2011

The Ides of March

Huh.

If I didn't know better, I'd think this time of year has it out for me.  My staff have a habit of leaving for new jobs on or around the 15th of March.  The spring months, which should be my favorite time of year, stretch endlessly before me, full of to-do lists that are far more impressive than my ration of daylight hours. I have started doing stupid things like attempting to unlock the backstage door with my car remote, or spend 5 minutes looking for the sunglasses that are on my head. 

And vacation seems so very, very far away.

But this Ides season, I really can't complain (though it appears I just did).  There a "catastrophic nuclear accident" going on in Japan, according to the NYTimes.  Even the stalwart WSJ.com says things are "spinning out of control."

Perspective is a good, if painful, thing.

So, I have this to say. You've had your fun, Ides.  Now cool down that reactor and go back to your hideaway for another year.  We've had just about enough of you, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment